Immerse RetailScroll down for more
Globally we are seeing a decline in retail activity. Our shopping centers are becoming less about going into stores to make purchases and more about meeting with people, sharing experiences and socialising. Our society prefers convenience, and shopping over the Internet has become the easy solution to compliment our busy lives. Virtual reality offers a whole host of opportunities when it comes to taking those experiences that made retail shopping in brick and mortar establishments so satisfying, and combines this with the hyper convenience of shopping from our own homes.
Immersive technologies for Retail include:
- 360 Video for Retail
- Mobile Augmented Reality for Retail
- Hololens Augmented Reality for Retail
- HTC Vive Virtual Reality for Retail
- Oculus Rift Virtual Reality for Retail
- Oculus Go Virtual Reality for Retail
Virtual and Augmented Reality applications can be designed by retailers to create a more immersive and engaging shopping experience. Leveraging the space available in bricks and mortar stores consumers can experience a whole new way of interacting with their favourite brands, whether it is playing with products in a virtual reality experience or an augmented reality shopping mall treasure hunt.
Example applications of this technology include.
- Virtual storefronts consumers are able to visit from the comfort of their home to make purchases which then sends instructions to a distribution center to ship the products the customers home.
- Consumers are able to try before they buy products which are offered online
- Using Augmented Reality technology, consumers are able to see how products appear in relation to their home
- Virtual avatars of customers can be fitted with clothing that can then be purchased and delivered.
- Indoor shopping mall pathfinding using Augmented Reality to guide shoppers around a physical store
- Consumers can customise certain products to their taste without having to have a certain design or style of a product in stock
- Create greater brand awareness by creating experiences that consumers have never been exposed to before
- Increase sales revenue and volume by engaging in consumers using environments that create a sense of presence and closeness to your products, or leverage nostalgia to form deeper connections with your customer
Virtual and Augmented Reality has a lot to offer in the retail space. Retail has been experiencing a wake up call when it comes to how technology has changed our shopping habits. Keeping up with ecommerce relies on savvy business owners to be able to see trends long before they happen and immersive technology is one retail trend that is set to take off in coming years as we become more attuned to 3d digital experiences. Get in touch with us today with your ideas to discover how we can create a unique retail experience with your brand or outlet.
Brisbane | Sydney | Melbourne | Darwin | ACT