Immerse BiotechScroll down for more
As a species, humanity is fast approaching advancements that would have been considered science fiction just several decades ago. Biotechnology is rapidly giving us more control over our health and the health of the world around us. We are living longer, growing stronger and now with virtual reality, we are able to pass on a wealth of knowledge to the next generation of scientists which will lead to discoveries we can only dream of.
Virtual reality labs are starting to gain an increasing amount of media coverage as they explore a realm of biotech that greatly enhances both practical and theoretical skills for students. The marriage of biotech and virtual reality is not just confined to the classroom either, with the technology changing the lives of people who are suffering from a variety of conditions.
Immersive technologies for Biotech include:
- 360 Video for Biotech
- Mobile Augmented Reality for Biotech
- Hololens Augmented Reality for Biotech
- HTC Vive Virtual Reality for Biotech
- Oculus Rift Virtual Reality for Biotech
- Oculus Go Virtual Reality for Biotech
Through the use of virtual reality, biotech science will take on an entirely new life that will be more exciting and intriguing for young scientists looking to study in the field. This changes the way we would normally conduct lab experiments and approaches to many of the challenges in the industry.
Example applications of this technology include:
- Virtual biotech labs
- Virtual case studies which rely on practical skills and reasoning
- Exploring the minuscule world such as cells, microbes and bacteria up close through a virtual environment
- Data visualisation overlaid in the physical world using AR
- Virtual field trips for Biology students to explore areas that would be impossible to view in physical reality
- Collaboration between researchers from around the world in a single virtual environment
- Exploration of cell structures, gaining detailed information on how they work and their functions within the body
- Simulations on the effects of certain drugs and treatments within the body
As the biotech field advances throughout the 21st century, virtual and augmented reality applications will grow in number to ease the research and training of both new and established scientists in the field. If you are in the biotech sector and would like to explore the opportunities virtual reality technology can create, reach out to us today to discuss how we can bring your next project to life.